Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I need to understand.

Photo by Bud.


I really need to know and understand why so many people love to cyclocross. Is it the dresses? The clumps of grass? The competition of a race? The neat looking bikes? The variety of terrain? The old heave-ho? Please tell me why you like it so much. Post annonymously if you want and speak from the heart because I just don't get it and want to learn to appreciate something I don't understand.

Sincerely,

Ignoramus Mike

9 comments:

ScottyD said...

Its the pain, pure & unadulterated!

Haricot Verts said...

pure stupidity. much better places to ride but why not ride in circles in someone's bumpy front yard or park. perfectly good bike ride ruined by barriers you have to run over. of course the chance to wear a dress because the flier said cross and givin your friends hog calls

Skip-o-la said...

I think its the challenge of the whole thing, the riding of skinny "off-road" tires and drop bars when a mountain bike would usually be far superior. The extreme bitter cold of winter, the mud, the barriers, oh I'm getting chills just thinking about it.

That and trying to explain it to your co-workers, its even more difficult than trying to explain a 12 hour race.

"well its a road bike, but it has tiny knobby tires, the course is some off-road, some on road, and every now and then you have to jump off your bike and carry it over barriers or maybe up a hill, its a Belgian thing, its difficult to explain."

byron said...

I'd say that babe has 44DD's. Nice and Natural.

notsopro said...

-crisp, cool, pure, clean fall air

-the sight of vomit on your stem and top-tube

-the feeling you get when you claw your way to the front group only to have scottyd tell you that if you don't pull he's going to attack again

-the only race that can get roadies and mtbrs to come together in a near perfect bliss

-the fact that skippy actually gets to the start line, and then, somehow being the fastest guy with biggest legs, doesn't win?

-listening to gunga complain about how much riding a field bike sucks...almost as funny as watching him choose his next female companion from the hollywad stable de la officina

-some people actually race, some peops just want to enjoy the whole thing.....its the whole scene.....you need to check out how crazy huge the medievel cross series is up in oregon/washington now.....

ScottyD said...

Its also a great excuse to get more bikes & wheels.

darkhorserider1 said...

I think it looks like a bunch of B.S.!

Melody! said...

Thank you masochists and fellow artist.

I really want one of these but it's a 6.5 yr wait.
Or one of these...better at 5.5 yr wait.
Or a Zank which you can get in about 4 mos.
All neato.

ScottyD said...

You get a Speedvagen & I will come to your house & steal it!

Sachs are pretty DAMN Nice! I love his rear brake hanger. Take a close look @ my pit bike has a very similar design. I "stole it" before I ever saw a Sachs.

wlxmsxlf