Saturday, June 30, 2007

The Agony and the ecstacy. The yin and the yang.

I haven't seen this image in a gagillion years but thanks to Bobke my memory has been vindicated. This image of Sean Kelly's legs has stayed with me since seeing it in Winning Magazine from '84. The caption underneath it read something to the effect: "A certain Irishman's legs..." Brutal looking. A man at the sharp end of his toil.





My sister passed along this interview of Byron to me: http://blog.moxiecinema.com/post/495

In haste in getting kitted up for a race do not do this: Pour tea tree oil directly on a chamois as well as squirt arnica on it with Cahmois Butter.
Spread the chamois cream on first then mix the aforementioned. What happened to me? A weird-ass burn on my taint that required a trip to the emergency room, loosing a layer of skin, much pain...ohhh the pain and no riding for six days at least. As Cale said; "Straight from the top of the podium to the injured list."

With my win at Webstergroves and my new found confidence, I will now be chasing points in the next twelve months so I can move up to Cat2 which will allow me to race with the "cool kids."

Thank you everyone who left kind words for me...we all need that. It was especially nice hearing from Emery!

Tonka has a new girlfriend! Word to the wise; Watch out Brad .

5 comments:

ScottyD said...

All I can say is its about damn time you quit "wasting" all those miles & start whooping on the "cool kids".

I remember that pic. Sean Kelly was one of the true HARD men of cycling. One to idolize & copy.

Hope your taint heals fast. I bet that's a funny ass(pun) story in the ER now.

jheabi

Shane L Nelson said...

I thought that was a picture of Norton.

ScottyD said...

You need to have Cale's Jr High kids show you how to rotate that pic 90 deg

pejnnqd

byron said...

your picture of sean kelly made me think of his heroics and then this video and then this video. thanks for the pro props.

Steve Inmon said...

I can just imagine the look on the ER nurses face when you told her of your issue...have fun sticking it to the cool kids.