Saturday, April 07, 2007

Emotional rollercoaster


It was May-like for too long. It is now January-like. I don't like.
I have mowed the lawn now 4 times and now I can't water it because my hose is frozen solid. Must keep it inside and get a black one.
So spoiled I have been I have not trained since Monday with Cale and Huemader. I have been training on my ass by cutting carbs thereby cutting bodyfat. My 30's are too big. Prolly not too big for today's kids.
During a visit from the American Family Disaster guy looking at my limb damaged roof, he gave me a new roof from damage sustained by last March's hail storm. I'm gonna get a nail-hammered three tab architectural grade shingle. Whooohooo! Reallly wanted metal but that chit is spensive.


I have been shopping for a new down bag. I have been lusting after Feathered Friends down suit for some time. While puruising their website I ran into this hood:

http://www.featheredfriends.com/garmentProductDetails.aspx?productId=8&CatId=2&ProductName=Volant%20Hood

Click on the pics of the hood. I don't know the intent but I can only guess.

2 comments:

ScottyD said...

That'd be an 8000meter hood. Not much use around here. Do you really want a Down bag? Down isn't so warm if wet. Condensation from sweat included. Synthetic bags are just as warm & light these days.

Metal is nice. Not too hard to install. Buy it & install yourself. I can hook you up with all the installation tools. Have them collecting dust in my garage.

dznlo

Melody! said...

Scott. Did you click on the pic?

As far as the bag goes. I'm a NOLS grad and know about the whole syn thing. They are lighter now, I must say. Do they still degrade as fast? I remember the first night in a new Syn bag and they are warm but (Snow Shoe)every night after it sleeps cooler. The loft starts out at like 6'' or what not but goes down ater being packed repeatedly.

I ain't installing a metal roof on my house, my owndamnself. Thanks for the lending of the tools though. 'werd.