Saturday I took the kids to the Sparta High School baseball field to get some excercise. Billy especially. He was looking a bit atrophied. After some running around and pooping and peeing (I removed the poop). We decided to drive south to Chadwick via Bull Creek Rd. This road is fairly scenic, turns to gravel then PLUNGES down to Bull Crick. At this point it seems every able bodied scum bag with some accupmulate trash around the house dumps it here. I let Melody out to trot behind the rig to satiate her high strung self. We were putting alond and came over a small rise to a little glade like area. Well right off to the left of the road about 15' was a dead dog. Got closer and noticed it was a pitbull. Got closer still and noticed two bullet holes in it's throracic area. Freaked me out. Melody did'nt even notice. Kept going crossed the Bull got to Chadwick then went back home.

Good group ride yesterday. 8 of us. Went east then south. 5 peoples cut off at drag strip and went west. Me Cale and August went south into the depths of the upper Finely. August flatted. He had no things. Popped out on 14, went the wrong way(east), turned around at Bruner. Went west to Sparta. Found a matchbook at the old service station. It read: ROBBIE'S disco, Pomona Ca. Had all it's matches. Smelled like matches. Kept it. Gave it to my mom last night after snagging her tv remote of which mine was eaten by Melody. Gotta get a new remote today ($25!). Went north. Turned west at Linden. Parted ways with Cale and August at County Line. Went back to Rogersville. Went home. 4hrs. Nasty weather all week. Arkansas riding this weekend? Perhaps.
August does not need much clothing, food or things.
5 comments:
how long was the ride? 90? what was the temp? 38?
evzdayzz
sweet picture of that awesome Spinergy wheel! I hope Cale still has it, because I need a dependable wheel in Europe!
Brad looks husky...
and what about that ol' cycles jersey. I wish I had one of 'dem. I mighst try checking on ebay, wonder if dat guy sellin' his life away has one of dem.
Bryon I still have one of those Spinergys on my TT bike. Would look good with those 8spd STI's.
llzzj
Byron- Temps 38 to 41. I wish we could do 90 miles in 4hrs! The would be monsterous.
Glad to see you are coherent Brad. Those were good times that fall and winter.
Post a Comment