Wednesday, February 07, 2007

They are here.




Now my tailor's bunions are free to roam.

I have a message in to Dean at R7 about some issues about the fit etc. There appears to me to be an excess amount of material that comprises the uppers. Even too much for my bunions? The soles at the fore of the shoe seem to to be excessively flexy. Maybe this flexiness does not apply to the shank and power transfer?

These things are light! Nothing extra. Even the heel tabs for walking are simply a spongey quarter-sized thingy.


They offer free heel embroidery on the Rx shoes. On an old Steve Martin album I listed to on the farm there was a bit that Steve would do. He would spontaneously burst out "Wooow. I got happy feet" and he would dance around on stage. So I got "I've got" on the left heel and "happy feet" on the right heel. This would be a double entondre. My feet are now happy(no bunion pain...knock on wood)and Steve's bit from my childhood.


Now all I need is an Otrott, TT bike, Dugasts, a house in the Bostons and I can kill myself.

5 comments:

ScottyD said...

Slick Kicks.

Melody! said...

Thnx!

The damn things are toooooo roomy. They are going back for "adjustments".

Melody! said...

Oh. I tried them out on the trainer and all I can say is: O M G! The efficiency is unbelievable! Total relief on the bunions especially noticed while standing. I put new cleats on them and felt as though I had been using them forever. Kinda like new love.

ScottyD said...

Well worth the $$$? I've read somewhere that you can increase wattage by having lighter shoes, something about rotational weight & force to turn the crank. Not sure if true or not but sounds cool.

Been filling my downtime reading the vast wealth of information on the WWW about watt training.

Melody! said...

Oh oh. Reading can be dangerous. Especially something as logical and proven as training with power.

Open the gate and walk through. It is so valuable that one of the common lines of thought goes something like this: You can get a lighter set of wheels that will make you GO faster or you can buy a power meter that will MAKE you faster." This of course presupposes that you use the apparatus correctly. Which in itself is something alot of folks can't/won't grasp...kinda like not using their HRM's correctly.