Friday, December 08, 2006

Inspired by Byron's pictoral reverberation

There is only one visitor to this blog(except family members) who will know the identity of person with me in these pics.

This first one is a crit at sms in 1984. At the finish of this race I looked down and saw my fork was split in two at the hip of the top of the crown almost where it meets the steer tube. An aside: I raced with Scott Moninger as a Junior and I tried to mirror his riding style and such. Well he had these cool white Duegi Shoes so I had to get them and have worn white cycling shoes ever since...with only a couple of exceptions.



Sorry about the size of this one. You'll have to click on it. I tried to resize it but for some reason it would not take. This pic shows us at Little Sac in 1988. There were races and riding there up until a few years ago. You can see my current MTB mount and my first hardshell. Also note the first gen shimano shoes and pedals. I raced those pedals, and bike, at the two cross races I did last fall.

2 comments:

byron said...

Ummm... that is some quality vintage. tasty pics.

Wish SMS still allowed racing, it's the perfect venue.

Love to think and hard to imagine that back in '88 off-roading was a seldom activity that only a few people attempted. Most people don't even know of the original Sac.

Melody! said...

Damnit Hogan! Check these pics out bro! Don't you see who's dare?