Sunday, July 09, 2006

Attacked by the Scissor Sister

Blitzed from last night. Saturday morning I did a 3.5hr recovery and saw two kinda fun things. First, was a guy parked at the RR tracks east of Turners, by that cool house. He was standing at that fairly kinda like stagnant water on the south side of the tracks. In his hand was a Bible. Well all fine and good I guess. Then I got attacked by what I guess was a nesting Flycatcher on 166. That's great because I got to get up close and personal with one of my favorite birds. The Scissortail Flycatcher is in abundance in the wide open hay field type areas around Rogersville.
So last night at 6, I head out for my 2hr time trail and haul ass at 24mph. Felt like such a man! Definatley inspired after that. God I want one of these: http://www.cervelo.com/bikes.aspx?bike=P3C2006 or I'd even settle for one of these: TCR Composte TT, http://www.giant-bicycles.com/global/en-US/racingworld/road/bike/html.aspx State TT title anyone?
Heading out the door now for 4hrs.

4 comments:

Melody! said...

Only if you are.

ScottyD said...

If your going to spend that kind of bank on a tt bike I'd get the P3 the Giant has limited seat adjustment once you cut the post.

You inspired me to get out & do a couple of hours on my tt bike today. Glad I did has a few bugs that need ironed out.

Melody! said...

Damn! You've got one? I love that feeling of going faster just by "closing the cup" on my tops. I would be rightous doing it with the proper set up for sure.
I've seen a couple of 90's lo- pros on ebay. That would be fun--that low to the ground in the front. Kinda like an old school muscle car. Dangerous as shit and on the edge.
On the topic of bank, I ain't got it. And speaking of muscle cars. Does anyone want to buy my 68' Camro? That would provide some bank.

ScottyD said...

Get a Leader Frame. Like $250 of EBAY. Real TT geometry. Its what I have. For the $$$ can't beat it. Plus its flat black, very stealth. I'm pretty happy with mine.