
From firsthand evidence and some prodding by Brad, I am now eating more on the bike and eating more carbohydrate off the bike.This I have decided since reaching a satisfied body fat level. The first hand evidence I have seen is a marked lower RPE on recovery rides and a lower percieved heat tolerance. So instead of continuing to get an achy-creaky feeling after a couple hours of low power I feel rather jaunty and when I look down at the temp on the PCV-V and see 106F, it's like no problemo senor. This could help me further reach my goal of 10 hrs at 200w.
Today I did my recovery ride from the Duck race for I took off yesterday. Recovery power of 134w for 3.5 hrs. Fairly lackadaisicle without constant pressure on the pedals and stopping to pee. Listened to Air America, Carly Simon and Crucifux. The sign is gone at the Kissing Tree!
Training for next Duck race. Neuro muscular power. I felt I did'nt have the spontaneous punch I needed to respond quickly to accelerations. Have'nt trained this system as of late so it's now high time. How will I accomplish this? Start in a 53x14, from a standing start and for 10" accelerate. Recovery power for 10' then repeat, except this time use the 13 or 12, this, after the first as a warm up. Try to do as many as I can. Probably only a handful but I'll probably be able to eeck out 8 or 9 quality reps 5 days later. Then kaboom! After a week of recovery from this stresser, out into the stratosphere I'll go. Do it yourself and amaze you friends with your lightining acceleration and the low RPE you'll have applying your new found power. I had me and Brad do these about 3yrs ago during the winter after he healed from his achilles debacle and we flew real good like.



5 comments:
That is a picture of Sean Yates legs. Just in case you were wondering. TM
No, TM, I wasn't wondering, but thanks for looking out for me.
10 hours @ 200W! Hell I don't speak watts but I know that's a ton! Is RAAM in your future?
Ramming. Not RAAM-ing.
That's what she said!
Sleep deprivation. No no.
Is that you at the Ocoee?
That's me in ArKansas. Place called Rockport.
Sleep Deprivation causes the coolest hallucinations, way better than any drug.
Post a Comment