Classic Benz south of Zenar.
Brad J saw a girl from a class on this road last time we were by this way which resulted in a classic "WTF" moment. Brad always sees girls he knows.
There is some symbolism in this here pic about freedom, self-imposed confinement at the same time being at leisure to quit.
This marks the point at which my bid for the MO State Championship in 1984 came to a screeching cramp induced halt. We, the 4's did 113 miles, counter clockwise...big and small loop. This tower combined with my ipod, cell phone placed on my nephron region and power meter I am sure, conspired to do some dna rearranging.Classic Dogwood sight.
Classic US 76. There was a pretty mantis a bit further up the road whose pic I wanted badly for Byron but the little robot was having none of it.
I love my Beaver but I really hate it when my Beaver is
dry and you drag...ouch! .
This is where I parted ways and quit the "Dogwood Loop". Sometimes you just gotta step into a Garden Party.
Classic Garrison Road. Thanx for grading while I was there Mr. CHRISTIAN CO road dept guy. It's like it was like having a freshly groomed ski trail. Garden party red carpet.
Okay. Why the hell not. Classic "I can't complete the big Dogwood loop" improvisation.
And look what I found on the way to the campground...pavement! The road to Cobb Ridge Campground is paved. Wow. Like the gift shoppe in "The Promised Land" that carries metric allen keys... Who-Da-Thunk-It.
Well this part didn't make the pave grade and it was as stone strewn as I have ever seen it. Classic Chadwick just bring your chainmailed sidewalls cuz I sure wish I would have that day...or applied more hand for I was "high" yet again on the bike and got a sidewall cut.
Will the Phoenix ever rise from these ashes? Classic CHRISTIAN CO attraction that went up in smoke.
Get outta my view John Q! Classic 160.
One of those things one always sees but may never get a picture of. Classic CHRISTIAN CO.
A nice coat of road grime is a nice classic look that makes me feel alive! As well as making me feel the urge to exfoliate and apply some vit e.
Hmmm...the weather liars are foretelling cool temps next Monday.



5 comments:
MM, next time I am in town I will be in shape to tag along with you. Great post and pics. Gotta love MODOT and the lack of sign editing.
Ironically the Weather Channel just mentioned the Ozarks rainy forecast...Go figure.
sweet travelogue.
wish I had been there.
the only landmark not in your description of the area might be the Oldfield Opry, and that's probably too high a traffic area to ride.
who cares if you didn't finish the loop? I'm digging your story - and how it looks like the sunshine came and went throughout the ride.
I weigh 13.21 stone.
Yeah. I never said anything to her b/c if it wasn't her she would probably be creeped out. I have been seeing many girls from the past. Weird
Alrighty Steve.
Byron. That's not many stone for someone that's about 20 decimeters. Keep up with the paleozoic.
I didn't go by the Opry, that's on part of the course that I failed on. I don't mind that section of 125 as long as there is a tailwind.
Post a Comment