Thursday, July 03, 2008

UP YOURS OBAMA

Up yours Obama!
Up yours Obama!
Up yours Obama!
Up yours Obama!
Up yours Obama!
Up yours Obama!
Up yours Obama!
Up yours Obama!
Up yours Obama!
Up yours Obama!
Up yours Obama!
Up yours Obama!
Up yours Obama!
Up yours Obama!
Up yours Obama!
Up yours Obama!
Up yours Obama!
Up yours Obama!
Up yours Obama!
Up yours Obama!
Up yours Obama!
Up yours Obama!

10 comments:

byron said...

i don't get it.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melody! said...

He wants to expand Bush's faith-based initiatives .


"I get tagged as being on the left and, when I simply describe what has been my position consistently, then suddenly people act surprised," Well ya know, to me it is suprising. Now I know so now you ain't getting my support.
I was still holding out for hope when I listened to a Mumia podcast a while back when he said "It doesn't matter who gets elected."
Same shit different day I say.

byron said...

ok, yeah now I get it. thanks.

yeah, all those things are true except it DOES matter who gets elected. many of the points Mumia makes is accurate: the electoral college has been broken for generations, PAC committees and lobbyists control legislative priorities, and you have to be from a higher social class to for president.

it seems faith-based initiatives are popular because churches do a lot of social work and do provide a lot of volunteers willing to work together. I agree they are a good thing to support because they provide charity even if I'm not an evangelical, they work to help those in need.

local elections still affect us deeper than federal ones, that's why it is easy to argue that who is elected president will matter less. but no one votes in local elections because local government is far more complicated and complex and challenging to understand.

the president is a leader, a representative who you would want you and other people to follow and make decisions based on their leadership. national change will have to come from widespread social change, not just who is elected.

jueves said...

so the presidential nominee is Tonka Valee!!! in my own dog world mind....i'm no cowboy and i don't live in a cave no tooth picks. so can i still be drunk by noon if my life only last for one day....

byron said...

yeah, it's like when you run thru a field full of flowers but when you get to the other side your legs have stickers all over them.

mertz is right and he has a good life. the rev is right and he has a good life. it's just like googley-eyes on in death's funhouse.

Melody! said...

Fom recent polling I have come to the rather obvious conclusion that I will in fact run for pres. I have taken over hillaryclinton.com and will be filling my coffers with the cabbage that I so richly deserve.

byron said...

you go girl

Anonymous said...

I have had issues with Obama's support of the initiatives as well. Have you listened to his own words on the issue? He has said he would dismantle the office as it is now. In whatever way he rearranges it, I disagree with any funding of these initiatives. It is difficult to continue my enthusiasm for Obama when I inspect his stance on this issue. However, I cannot claim shock and dismay when he has stated on his website (for at least the last several months that I have seen) about his belief of a "need for a deeper, more substantive discussion about the role of faith in American life." http://www.barackobama.com/issues/faith/
I do not believe we need such a discussion and I certainly do not believe that the President should lead this discussion. Belief in other-worldly beings should remain a personal choice and affect the lives only of the believers. Surely, beliefs impact ethics and morality and political positions, but the results of one's belief system should remain part of one's character. Humanity has struggled with these questions for (yes) thousands of years. Christianity has no monopoly on morality. So, if this is my main disagreement with him, do I still support him?
I feel sick to my stomach because his position on this is completely at odds with mine. What is a freedom-loving aetheist to do? Support the scarier McCain? Not vote? Wait for America to support a candidate with the intellect I completely agree with? Start screaming until I pass out? Mich

notsopro said...

let me know after you've read obama's and ron paul's books... you may change what you think of the best candidate that got dutched by the similar system that love the electoral college... the facts and solutions are ready to be dealt with, we just need person that's tired of trying to fix a world that hates us through war, and also someone that's tired of seeing our paychecks go to those who refuse to work...thats a looters government...

long live hank rearden