Here is an overview shot of my new shop!
This shot shows the side door that leads outside so I can have fresh air circulation if I desire. The temps lately have made this option quite attractive. I also hung a set of windchimes in the doorway to give a slightly claming Asian feel.
Here's a shot taken during daylight hours which shows the view out back into the woods.
I love this poster...and quote.
I saw on the Serotta Forum a while back where some old Japanese guy mounted his tools on a plain backing and not the usual pegboard setup. I really enjoy the minimalclean look of the stark face of the mdf. I need to assemble a few more bicycle tools but those will come in time.
Here's the lounge area. Often my good friend Dr. Wu stops by to smoke on his pipe and watch me work as he expounds endlessly about his preoccupation with the fairer sex.
I originally had the bicycle hanging hooks affixed to a 2x4 which I mounted to a joist above but I decided that the bikes would be more out of the way and hence closer to the wall if I mounted the hooks to the wall. It's a real clean look to boot.
Here's a shot of some things.
For lighting I used some really cool old (1960's?) flourescent light fixtures. They came with the house which was originally built by the original Zenith Plant manager...so I assume these units are from that era and maybe the plant. These 2 fixtures are heavy, thick guage metal and glass!
Hope you enjoy seeing the setup and maybe stop by with Klaus for sausage and beer .
Hey. Thanks for reading!



8 comments:
Wow Mike that looks great! Very functional. I'll be over with some beers and a Pink Floyd album.
Makes me wanna pull some tubes and wrench on bikes!
Very nice Mikey. Glad you finally reposted that cat pic was freaking me out. The cranks hanging on the board; Stronglight or Campy? I have a pair of both circa 1970 in my garage.
Wow me likey. Now all you need is a brand new wireless srm powermeter so you can sell me your old one for ummmmm 10.00 dollars buster. I have to move one of my cars out of the garage to work on my bike. Arkansas next weekend? Got 2 weeks off of school.
Scott-Those are my Campy Surper Records. In 1984 when I worked at Ozark Bike, I saved and saved and got a full Record Grouppo. I remember when it came in I was sooo stoked...the smell, the packaging etc. Although a few removed from the original Basso frame that the cranks were mounted on, the Basso pictured does have the original BB in it. It is so pitted and worn. I don't have the original alloy headset or the Ti SR pedals, they are in the Nobel Landfill. I also don't have the seat post damnit! I do have my old Cinelli 65's which are hard to come by so that's good. I need to get the whole thing built up but it doesn't track well because the fork is bent back.
Brad- Let's go!
my hat is off for the Ali poster.. that is the finishing touch
Post a Comment