Today I was awestruck by the fellow above. I could not believe my eyes for I had never seen one of these guys before! I saw hem on a feeder on the deck eating out of the peanut house feeder. I grabbed the camera and strated to stalk him. This is one skiddish bird. He flew over to one of the oaks off the deck and I got this shot of him.
I am getting more and more new birds around the house, or I'm just seeing them because I have feeders, every year!
I am in the process of erecting a Bluebird(Eastern) in the front yard....more to come on this.
p.s. I just saw Foxy Momma and one of her kits trotting in front of my office window. I'm not one to throw around the word "cute" but it did come out of my mouth just then.



3 comments:
Great pics Mike! I would love to see a purple martin condo there.
Man that is great. I think you get diversity because you keep your feeders full. It's a good thing to do. My neighbor in Nixa used to keep her feeders full year round and one year after a big hurricane off the coast of Texas she woke up to see a seagull at her feeders.
Ya know Byron, that's what I was wondering. I think that is key also. I try to keep on top of it but slid for a period last winte when I ran out of feed. That IS NOT the time to slack off!
Wow. A seagull. Was it Johnathan?
Does anyone have a martin house lying around they don't want?
Post a Comment