I placed the tent outside of the house on the deck to take advantage of the cold nite air...the atmosphere in the tent gets hot and stuffy along with copious amounts of condensation forming on the walls.
I have have spent three nites in it now and I think I am progressing quite nicely to the increasing "altitude".I started at 2.5 on the dial and I am now at 4 on the dial out of a possible 5.
The first nite was uncomfortable and I had a throbbing head along with the worse case of dry-mouth I have ever had. There is also an interesting side-effect to sleeping at altitude and that is more than usual urination!
At about 3 am on the first nite, with ear plugs in, I heard a whimpering outside the tent. "Who should it be?" I asked myself. Well it was Melody! Since the first nite I have not been able to keep her out! She loves it!
Here is the "R2 unit" that cleans up the air. I keep it inside the so I don't have to listen to it's noise.
Melody loves being in it and has been altitude training with me from the get-go! Watch out Jason's Field Of Dreams!
See the condensation on the clear plastic window?
The tent itself. It certaily passes the muster on the ol' Bill-O-Meter! "Any food in there?"
You can see the tube that passes the conditioned air from the "R2 unit" into the tent.
The tube that enters the tent puts forth an audible "woosh" noise every few seconds. It sounds kinda like someone forcefully exhaling with pursed lips.
In the past when travelling to altitude I am always the first to start feeling the effects...the headaches etc. I hope that I am what they call a "responder" and that this thing will increase my performance by the supposed conservative estimates of 5% power increase.



3 comments:
Hey everyone, I suck at crits! I S-U-C-K at them. I suck.
Now in regards to your altitude tent. I think it may take about 2-3 weeks for you to feel any stronger b/c it takes that long for the new red blood cells being created to mature to the point where they can carry oxygen. That thing might also make a person more fatigued if they don't use it right.
I SUCK AT CRITS!
Would it be the same sleeping in the bathtub with the fart fan on all night?
Post a Comment