Tuesday, March 25, 2008

So I go out and buy a special Blue Jay feeder to get more Jays. I like Jays. I think they are pretty and I like their noises. They are corvids and I am crazy about corvids.
Anyway. I put the feeder out where I had been getting Jays feeding on nuts that I scatter on the ground. This is by another feeder that hangs on a branch at the same height about 5' away. I rarely get Jays now! Does anyone know if I am doing something wrong? I get mostly Titmice and Nuthatches.

Here is one of the very few Jay customers I have been getting.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good lookin' crows always have a mind of their own. Maybe the recent rain/flood and warmer weather has opened another feeding opportunity for them for the time being. Don't sweat it, they'll come around.

Let's just hope whatever is happening to the honey bee is not happening to the BJ/crow.

jueves said...

Titmice and Nuthatches are a more desirable bird you clown so give up on the quiz. hang the feeder you speak about over the cat box!

Anonymous said...

make sure your feeder still has nuts of some kind in it. Sunflower seeds work good, but HHD has a good points...food is readily available right now and they don't need your feeder per se. Be patient!
chun