Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Boss is gone.


What I miss about Mert...


The typewriter carriage return precision of her licking the salt off my legs after a ride.

The way she stood right on top of me, when I was shelled, while I tried to take off my cycling clothes.

Her hounding me every day for her dinner at 4:15 sharp.

Her ears that smelled of chocolate brownies.

The way her camouflaged brindle coat hide her from my view out in the woods, nearly giving me a heartattack everytime.

The way she came immediately when called.

The way she stood behind me when I peed.

The way she stood in front of me when I pooped...thanks for holdiing the crosswords Mert!

The silky softness of her brindled coat.

The way the strectched on command.

The way she hunkered down in the shower to escape thunder and fireworks.

The spider like precision she displayed while tip toeing around me in bed.

Her alpha brindle bossiness.

The way she stood next to me while I rode rollers.




It never gets any easier.

12 comments:

Shane L Nelson said...

Very sorry for your loss.

Haricot Verts said...

Sorry for your loss and hang in there.

Brad Jackson said...

That last picture is awesome. Your in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

Sorry bro...

Seanie Mac said...

So sorry, Mertz!! Take care.

Anonymous said...

Don't forget how she licked your gatorade bottles and almost got her nose in some spokes while riding rollers! Those things are the best...
Say hi to Kane for Chun and me, Mert. be careful though, he's a frisky one!
mel

Anonymous said...

Peace and love

Anonymous said...

Maybe that was Mel...oh well! It's all good!
MC

Gunga said...

sorry to hear that mikey.

Steve Inmon said...

Mikey,
So sorry for your loss.
Best wishes.

byron said...

she couldn't have asked for a better owner and bunch of pals to live with.

darkhorserider1 said...

Will you be getting another stepchild?