While scoping the terrain on the Googling Earth, and memberin' certain boulders and campsites etc, I saw a "notice" on Hurricane Creek just upstream of Piney Creek. I clicked on it and this is what I saw. Black Bear perhaps? I think not.I grew up in the earl and mid 70's so I have a predeliction for ufo's and bigfoot stuff. It was all the rage back then and I collected news articles out of the local rag.
This image and it's video used to really get me going:

Coulda been that ionophilic creature:

Coulda been a Gorn:

Oh hell. It was prolly just a damn Wookie. Which actually kinda worries me because you know how they party in those books.
But whatever it was I'll be taking my phaser. And none of that Star Trek VI stuff. I'll be rockin' old school the next time I go bangin' down in Johnson County.
Here is a shot from 11 am today taken from the Redstar tower as it looks east into Hurricane Creek. What could be better?



8 comments:
What the fuck Mertz?
That's better, all it had when I looked this mornig was the title "Memberin'." Now it makes sense, well as much sense as I can make out of one of your posts...CMac
Wish I was there. Tim Ernst was classic. How many types to tobacco did Rummel have at any give time on a trail? Huntin sasquatch would be fun....
Thanks for the vote of confidence.
That Sasquatch video is one of the best shots ever of anything. So called "experts" are stll trying to figuire out the rolling lump that appears and disappears on her quad when she walked. Close video analysis shows the lump; they("experts") speculate it is from an old torn muscle that balls up during contraction.
If it was a hoax it was ingenious. If it is real then long live Bigfoot!!
I used to have this huge cat(orignally a stray we took in) that reminded me of that Sasquatch whenever I would catch a side profile view of him walking and turning his head towards me. That cat was a brute. It even chased off a neighbors Chow that was trying to hump my dog. Imagine a cat defending a dog from another dog. That cat had the biggest head and thickest neck of any cat. It always would get into fights with dogs, possums, cats, coons, anything. I usaully had to dress his wounds which were frequent.
Damn! My greyhounds may have met their matches if they would have ever come upon your kat. One of my girls got ahold of a coyote.
What about the legend of boggy creek?
Post a Comment