Otay. Here's the dealio yo. I have not had red meat(beef, pork etc.) since 1987. I quit it after deducing that it, along with a 15hr semester at smsu(omg), gave my stomach an absolutely awful burning sensation that would leave me doubled up on my side for hours at a time. Prolly the culprit. Cuz I am kinda slow to learn this it took a while to accept that I would'nt be able to eat it so after a trip to Lawrence, KS, me and a buddy stopped at Sonic on the outskirts and that was that. 1987. Here I am almost 20 yrs hence and I keep reading in all my little books how important iron is because of blah blah blah, I have decided to try iron rich meat again. Last night me and my mommy took a fun snowy trip to Pro Bass Ass(the ol' brads on the way) so I could pick up an iron skillet which is an important contributer to iron supplementation in the diet. Ya fry yer meat in it.

I also went to Mamma Jean's and got a couple chunks of free range or whatever beef that says it was "grass finished". I immediately pictured little Japanese women rubbing some of Kentuckie's finest on the meat pieces. Anyway it was way expensive and oh well.
My daddy told me how to fry it up and voila! A a bit rarer next time indeed.

Shazbot! Look at this loaf!

It has been about three hrs since ingestion and so far no pain. Oooo la la.
Tomorrow (Sat) I'll be heading to Ponca to try out my new iron rich blood. Bluh-bluh.
2 comments:
I love it-free range cows.
Dr Phil has some intresting insights regarding lean red meat, google him-Maffetone, not Oprahs fat jackass
That guy is all over the place. From Mike Pigg to the Chili Peppers! I'm still looking for a reference to red meat as I don't want to buy a book.
Post a Comment