
My Mom is the best. This morn, me, Jason and Jarred headed out thinking we would skate the line of storms that seemed to us to be staying on a s-w to n-e path of which we would avoid by going s-e(see Scott's blog in which he has provided a lovely screenshot) No, no, no. By the time we got to our water stop at the Fordland City Park the real hammering began! Monsoon type rain and lightining all around and Jason paranoid from watching too much Storm Stories, we decided to call someone. We used Jason's phone to call good old mom. I have bitched at her in the past for driving around in a Trooper with a four bike rack on it for a couple of years now. I am now eating some lovely crow in cream sauce.
Also while in the throws of a Vo2max interval with Jarred, my front wheel slipped out yet agin on me (second time in a week)and he and I traded sliding on slick asphalt with me succumbing to yet another FAST fall on my right side and re-opening the rash on the ol' elbow.
So anyway, my ma gave us a ride back to my place(in her cozy Troooper with four bike rack) and I drove Frick and Frack home. What really pisses me off about the whole thing is missing out on doing another half dozen of those intervals I was planning on. Jason was really looking forward to them with great delight!
Thanks Ma!



4 comments:
Crazy Mofo's! looks like base season is right around the corner.
damn straight!
nicnr
Newton called he says quit proving his theory. Get a new skewer before you kill yourself!
Hey! This "Death's Funhouse" buckeroo. Livin' on the edge here. We play Mumbelty-peg on our rides.
http://www.inquiry.net/outdoor/games/beard/mumbly_peg.htm
Post a Comment