Friday, July 14, 2006

Lebanon is burning and I just saved $100 with GEICO!


Why do little projects around the house always take longer and require more effort to complete? Is it optimism on my part? I guess so. What looks in my mind to be a simple thing strings out to a series of frustrations and anxiety. Oh well. Getting new wood floors to replace some icky carpeted bedrooms from the badasses at B&B Harwoods(Willard Boyz...shout out!). Werd. Anyway. I had to remove the carpeting and padding(did that last month), staples(used needle nose vise grips and too many staples to count), doors(no sweat), hard maple baseboards(circa 1965, stamped Cassville Forest Products...cool). Reading this it all sounds so simple but as usual I screwed myself by waiting till the last minute.
I took Billy Goldberg on a run the other nite while I rode my bike. I introduced him to my neighbor, Missouri Sports Hall of Famer and former NY Yankee Jerry Lumpe http://www.autographedtoyou.com/celebpics/jerry_lumpe4.jpg . I told him Billy Goldberg was on a diet and I was helping him shed some adipose by trotting him while I rode. Without missing a beat Jerry said: "Well Bill, have you tried the Matzo ball diet?" Now I guess Jerry recognized Billie's name as being of Heb ancestory but I always thought it was his roman nose that gave him away. Step off Koufax!

5 comments:

Skip-o-la said...

?? ? ? ??? Anyone?

ScottyD said...

Mike if your still getting 28 hours in this heat I have some ?? ? ? ??? too.

Anonymous said...

Jew?

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Mouse!

Melody! said...

Thanx Rue. Ya bastard!