Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Wednesday's Boxley Valley training camp.

The fog was thick and forboding. The altitude is about a 1000' higher than Springfield so it was up in the clouds with me. I was bummed because I wanted to ride a loop. I had to settle on riding the four climbs out of the valley. It was neato riding up to the bottom of the clouds then turning around. I would go up just high enough to hear the swooshing of Death's sickle then I would descend.



Cave Mountain was shrouded by clouds. Whenever I go down there to ride I wish I had two days' supplies and the dogs. The sandstone boulder rock gardens in the fog with all the bright water quenched moss and lichen would have been exquisite.


Oh well. I had to settle with titanium, aluminum, carbon and moss and lichen and sandstone boulders and stuff.

I love it!




15 minutes of this times 5...the opposite direction!


Firebird looking for a home with the Huffmeister?



Finally. A video I shot in a lea on the way to the Lost Valley water spigot.

8 comments:

Brad Jackson said...

I'm having a hard time telling what the last photo is. Surely it's not a GT500. From closer examination it looks like a real dusty Pontiac Trans AM. The headlights make me think so.

Melody! said...

TA or Firebird with a couple of junk yard dogs backing it up!

Brad Jackson said...

Your video editing skills are to the max. Where is this place?

byron said...

that made me smile.
not french new wave, arkansas new wave.


ycgkvia

darkhorserider1 said...

Nice vid mikey.

Anonymous said...

Nice fog & bet it was a cool riding view. The video is great! Good music choice.

tara

Haricot Verts said...

Good work.

Melody! said...

Brad!
This is in Newton Co, AR!
The finest place in the world!
It's only 1.5hrs from my door!
Soon to be quicker with new highway!