Thursday, November 01, 2007

Question

Does anyone know of a public use area down south of town called, from what I recall, Swan Creek Wilderness. I don't know if it's a wilderness as per the legal definition or not. I have tried searching Mo Dept of Conservation and USDA sites. It's down around Hercules Wilderness from what I remember someone telling me.

Boston Mountains this morning at 11:45.

8 comments:

Shane L Nelson said...

Swan Creek is past Chadwick across from Hercules Glade. Ashley, Cale or JBear could tell you exactly how to get there.

Yesterday was fun and hope to see you again.

byron said...

cale and I used to ride there all the time. best in the winter when it's not overgrown. (is this a joke? are you pulling a fast one on us? you know what swan creek is.)

abovdu

Melody! said...

I don't think we are talking about the same place. It's not Bar-K or The Glade Top Trail.
I am referring to someplace more south. It's not across from Hercules on 125 but more along 160 between Hilda and Taneyville from the south Hercules entrance.

ScottyD said...

USGS Topo Map has all the answers. Topozone.com should work too. I think I know the area your talking about but can't think of the name. I might be wrong but a lot of that area if its the same is private.

hcjsc

Haricot Verts said...

Please pick 2 days between Nov. 17th and 26th and I will come down and help you figure this out.

byron said...

vegans rule.

notsopro said...

i don't know what the riding is like, but in the spring, swan creek is a hellacious kayaking spot.....almost as hellacious as you

Melody! said...

What cut do they serve at the Y?