Friday, September 21, 2007

Benefits of "lots" of miles.

Besides wearing out components faster than most and spending buttloads of money on food, I see lots of people dumping things out on our roads. Have seen a few incidents of trash and brush dumping and now two incidences of pet dumping.
The first pet dumping I witnessed was about 3 years ago when I saw a station wagon on old hiway 60 east of Rogerville in a pull-out by the RR tracks. The waqgon pulled away and I saw a big black lab type of puppy running after the car down the road. Another car with two young men in it that was closer to the wagon and pulled over and grabbed the dog. The two highschoolers said they acturally saw the guy in the wagon push the dog out of the car. These kids said they would give the dog a good home.
This morning is was out east Cherry and saw a white newer TA pulled over at the corner of FR 138 and 201. I saw a woman get out of the car and toss something white, about the size of a plastic shopping bag, about 10' behind the car and into the field. When you are out riding things sometimes don't register and I wonder how many other things are going on out there that I am not aware of. Anyway I have the prescence of mind and my cell phone so I get it out and get ready to snap her picture and plate number for evidence of dumping trash. I get about 50 m away and she u-turns then she sees me and does another manuever to go down 201. Just too far out of sight to get a plate pic. I pulled up to see the trash she threw but what I saw instead was an almost adult lightly dappled calico cat. Lovely.

4 comments:

Steve Inmon said...

That sucks!

Anonymous said...

Ahh yes, the society of people we must live amongst. BASTARDS!

Anonymous said...

That fuckin' cunt will get her due...and all the other pricks out there that treat animals that way. I wish people like that would disappear from the world.

Joe B.

Anonymous said...

Get that license plate so I can send her a thank you card! I HATE CATS!! CMac