Saturday, August 25, 2007

Gray Market Coke.

If you were around before 1980 and drank Coke you might remember how much cleaner it tasted. That was when Coke used cane sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup. The syrup, to me, always felt filmy in my mouth and not as sharp as the cane sugar variety which preceeded it.

I was at Dillons on East Sunshine Friday and what did I see in the Mexican section? Cane sugar Coke! I had heard over the years that you could still get cane sugar coke south of the border but I never thougth I would see it here. So here it is in all it's glory along with one of my period appropriate Mad Magazines. Although the price of 50 cents-cheap for the Mad no longer applies. $1.79/bottle. Small price for this connoisseur.

3 comments:

byron said...

oh, dig it.

Haricot Verts said...

worth the price of admission....

Q said...

The armadillos brought it