
Last week I was checking the Hammer Forum( http://www.hammernutrition.com/za/HNT?PAGE=COMMUNITY ) and I answered a question from a user. Well, the next day I get an email asking me if I was the same Mike Mertz from Springfield, MO. The person asking this identified himself as one Alan Lloyd. I href="http://bell-lap.blogspot.com/200have not seen Alan in 20 years! Small world and all that.Alan had a Ghia. Alan had
wooden soled Sidis. Alan liked clothes with unknowable writings on them. Alan rode Italian.
We were both and are the same age. Alan and I came from a time when all good young men aspired to be "cyclists" we were not to satisfied being athletes on bikes but we aspired to be constantly aware of our forms and STYLE...we were part of rolling art after all. Moser and Lemond. They had style...long and low.
Get a load of Alans' Cervisio Corse. It is at his blog, linked to at the right, where you'll need to go to his post on December, 31 2006. Worth it. I would link it but can't seem to get it right.
Alan says if you look closely in one of his pics you can see an old Miko Mercier Jersey of mine. Works of art those jerseys were. Wool and flocked. I bought that thing in 84' and he still has it! And hey! That's my Del Tongo Colnago Jersey too! Get those babies some UV protection will ya.

When I heard from Alan I chucked in some period Dead Kennedys and Sex Pistols and went out and did 2hrs of tempo. Memories were my motivation.
We both quit cycling only to pick it back up where we left it off and then proceeded to leave that behind. We both are ate up with the history or our beautiful and brutal sport. We are both tapped into the new technology and science behind the sport. Hell, both of us are even Hammer Bots!
Cheers Alan and CYCLISTS everywhere.
In other news. I woke up this am to begin my morning routine to get out of the house for a 6 hr ride I was looking forward to. I took my leak then walked into the office to turn on the f'd-up puter and download my podcasts. I saw Tonka laying on one of the couches in there and said hello. When I looked at him I saw his muzzle was a bit knicked up and his left canine was sticking out at a 90degree angle from where it should have been! Freaked me out! I about lost it. I immediately tried to push it back into place to relieve my horrification more so than alleviate his circumstance. I called the vet and $205.00 later along with a teeth cleaning and one less canine he is back on the same couch sleeping with some relaxant. I don't know how this happened but knowing him I have my suspicions.

Beautiful Tonka Valee. He wears his beauty like a crown of pompous indignation. He disgusts me.



2 comments:
your long lost twin!
Scout lost a tooth once while chewing a bone, I heard it bounce across the floor when it went.
fistfight?
Post a Comment